Sunday, December 27, 2009

La Luna Amber

The bus to Panama City departed David at midnight. As soon as my seat belt was fastened, my passage to the dream world arrived via vibration from the engine and cool breeze from the air condition. It carried me away on silken wings. I was pulled from sleep twice that night. We stopped about half way for people to get out and use the facilities. I declined. The second time I could almost feel a hand softly touching my shoulder. A woman’s sultry voice sang the most beautiful song I had ever heard, and when I peeked past my eyelids to see if the voice belonged to an angel, I saw the amber moon looking at me with a peaceful yet sad look similar to the Virgin Mary’s in old paintings and statues holding her baby somehow knowing that he would someday be sacrificed. I met her gaze until the song was finished and went back to the land of dreams until we entered the City.

No comments: